Seacole-C&H Radiance-P is a concentrated multi-metal corrosion inhibitor for use in locomotive cooling water systems to protect metals from premature failure due to corrosion and prevent scaling.
- Inhibits corrosion of all metals including: 30/70A solder, brass, copper, steel, cast iron, cast aluminum and 85/15 brass (EMD), at levels of 2 ounces per gallon. Propriety blend of nitrite and other organic and inorganic inhibitors protects all the metals found in locomotive cooling systems. Controls scale and deposits.
- Conforms to the ASTM D1384 specification, the GETS 84A231282 specification dated 04-19-2012, Rev. O (locomotive coolant) and the EMD MI 1748 Section 6.1.1 dated 05-15-2009, Rev G (locomotive coolant) specification, for corrosion resistance.
- Conforms to the ASTM D1418 specification, the GETS 84A231282 Table 4, O-rings specification, and EMD MI 1748 Section 18.104.22.168, seals specification, for Elastomer Chemical Resistance testing.
- Leak Detection Tool: Boron content can be detected in locomotive oil analysis for indication of internal water leaks.
- Proven track record: This product has been in use by Class 1 and shortline/regional railroads with many years of trouble free performance.
- Identifiable: Provides a characteristic red color that provides indication of treatment, but disappears quickly when diluted and exposed to sunlight.
- Versatile: Can be used with ethylene or propylene glycol antifreezes..
- Environmentally friendly: Does not contain chromate or zinc metal compounds that can cause disposal problems. Used solutions of Seacole-C&H Radiance-P are normally regarded as non-regulated and biodegradable upon disposal.