577M is a liquid inorganic rust inhibitor designed for treatment of steel and iron parts. 577M works by reacting with the surface of the steel and passivating it. There does not need to be any residual 577M left on the surface of the parts to provide protection. Parts can be welded, painted, plated or assembled without the additional step of removing the rust inhibitor. 577M contains an additional amine based rust inhibiting package formulated to provide extra rust protection in unique applications.
- Provides in-process rust protection to iron or steel parts and to steel media during deburring operations.
- Provides rust protection for short-term storage after cleaning or mass finishing of iron or steel parts.
- Does not require parts to be re-cleaned before painting or heat treatment.
- Compatible with most alkaline compounds when simultaneous use is required.
- Contains an additional amine based rust inhibitor for greater rust protection.