578 is a liquid, inorganic, Sodium Molybdate free, rust inhibitor designed for treatment of steel, iron, and yellow metal parts. 578 works by reacting with the surface of the metal and passivating it. There does not need to be any residual 578 left on metal surface to provide rust protection. Parts can be welded, painted, plated or assembled without the additional step of removing the rust inhibitor.
- Provides in-process rust protection to iron, steel, or yellow metal parts.
- Protects steel media during deburring operations.
- Provides rust protection for short-term storage after cleaning or mass finishing of iron, steel, or yellow metal parts.
- Does not require parts to be re-cleaned prior to painting or heat treatment.
- Compatible with most alkaline compounds when simultaneous use is required.
- Contains NO sodium molybdate – easily waste treated.
Seacole Product Tags: