ACTI/Plate DM-30 (DM-30) is a single component, dry blend designed to provide optimum micro-roughening and cleaning of copper surfaces prior to direct metallization and/or copper electroplating processes. This unique formulation produces a uniformly clean and micro-roughened copper surface, promoting excellent post direct metallization dry film to copper adhesion; and/or copper to copper adhesion prior to copper electroplating without attacking the direct metallization film. DM-30 can be operated in spray or immersion applications, offers a wide operating window, is easy to make-up and maintain, and yields a consistently uniform micro-roughened copper surface. Additionally, DM-30 does not contain ammonium or chromate compounds, chlorides, fluorides, or nitrates, simplifying waste treatment.
- DM-30 was specifically designed to provide superior etch characteristics without undermining direct metallization films.
- DM-30 can be operated within a wide range of temperatures and concentrations, assuring optimum copper micro-roughening for most applications.
- DM-30 will produce a uniform matte copper surface at etch rates as low as 10 micro-inches per minute.
- DM-30 is suitable for use in spray or immersion applications.
- DM-30 exhibits excellent stability and can be operated at concentrations as low as 40 g/L, reducing operating costs and waste treatment volumes.
- DM-30 does not contain ammonium or chromate compounds, chlorides, fluorides, or nitrates, improving safety and reducing environmental impact.