AUTO/Prep NU-3 is the third step in the AUTO/Prep Desmear-Etchback Process designed to remove resin smear and expose interconnects, and at the same time optimize the surface topography of the dielectric for eventual electroless copper deposition. AUTO/Prep NU-3 will neutralize permanganate and manganese dioxide residues adhering to the hole wall after desmear-etchback thus providing a clean hole wall ideal for electroless deposition. AUTO/Prep NU-3 features process flexibility (can be incorporated with a glass etch), minimal copper attack (non-chloride formulation), and a long solution life.
- AUTO/Prep NU-3 is a non-chloride formulation reducing copper attack for easier waste treatment.
- AUTO/Prep NU-3 will completely dissolve permanganate, manganite, and magnesium dioxide, leaving a clean hole wall for optimum electroless deposition and adhesion.
- AUTO/Prep NU-3 offers long solution life and minimal operator maintenance for ease of use.
- AUTO/Prep NU-3 exhibits very low surface tension, ensuring small hole wetting and penetrating, thus enhancing permanganate neutralization.
- AUTO/Prep NU-3 can be combined with AUTO/Prep GE-4 to reduce the number of process steps.