Cu/ETCH ME-40 (ME-40) is a two component liquid, designed to provide optimum micro-roughening and cleaning of copper surfaces prior to photopolymer lamination, oxide, HASL, most final finish systems (including E-TIN 34 Solderable Immersion Tin), and electroless copper, direct metallization and/or copper electroplating processes. This unique formulation produces a uniformly clean and micro-roughened copper surface; promoting excellent post direct metallization dry film to copper adhesion and copper-to-copper adhesion prior to copper electroplating, without attacking direct metallization deposits. The product also produces an ideal copper surface improving uniform oxide formation and/or immersion/electroless deposition of tin over copper. ME-40 can be operated in spray or immersion applications, offers a wide operating window, is easy to make-up and maintain, and yields a consistently uniform micro-roughened copper surface. Additionally, ME-40 does not contain ammonium or chromate compounds, chlorides, fluorides, or nitrates, simplifying waste treatment.
- ME-40 was specifically designed to provide superior etch characteristics without undermining direct metallization films.
- ME-40 can be operated within a wide range of temperatures and concentrations, assuring optimum copper micro roughening for most applications including HASL, alternative final finishes, oxide systems, and photopolymer lamination.
- ME-40 will produce a uniform matte copper surface at etch rates as low as 20 micro-inches per minute.
- ME-40 is suitable for use in spray or immersion applications.
- ME-40 does not contain ammonium or chromate compounds, chlorides, fluorides, or nitrates, improving safety and reducing environmental impact.
- ME-40 exhibits consistent etch rates at concentrations between 1-30 g/L copper.