ENVIRO/Flow HAL-31 (HAL-31) is a high viscosity hot air solder leveling flux designed to assure rapid and complete soldering of printed wiring boards processed through vertical hot air leveling equipment such as AvalonTM, PentaTM, and QuicksilverTM. HAL-31 will remove light copper oxides, deposit a non-evaporating protective film on the copper to minimize reoxidation prior to solder leveling, maximize solder wetting of the copper by reducing the surface tension at the copper/solder interface, and enhance the reflectivity of the solder finish. Additionally, HAL-31 will reduce solder adhesion to the laminate and/or soldermask, minimizing solder tailings and/or webbing sometimes encountered during hot air leveling. HAL-31 is COMPLETELY water soluble, low foaming, free rinsing, and contains no glycol ethers, solvents, or activators which could attack solder mask or the laminate buttercoat.
- ENVIRO/Flow HAL-31 removes copper oxides and deposits a non-evaporative film over the copper resulting in a stable, clean solderable copper surface.
- ENVIRO/Flow HAL-31 reduces the surface tension at the copper/solder interface resulting in excellent solder coverage and appearance free of solder tailings or solder webbing.
- ENVIRO/Flow HAL-31 is completely water soluble and free rinsing.
- ENVIRO/Flow HAL-31 is a low acid formulation minimizing equipment wear.
- ENVIRO/Flow HAL-31 does not contain glycol ethers or activators which could attack soldermask or laminate.