POLY/Solv RS-80 (RS-80) is a highly concentrated solution designed to economically and efficiently strip most commercially available, fully aqueous dry film resists. RS-80’s formulation contains penetrating additives designed to reduce entrapment of dry film in areas exhibiting tin or tin/lead over-plate by reducing the stripped particulate size of most dry films to 2-4 mm average diameter. A 2-4 mm average diameter particulate can still be efficiently filtered from the working stripper bath by most commercially avialable filtering systems.
RS-80 does not include sodium, potassium, or ammonium hydroxide, or alcohols (including methanol); minimizing oxidation and/or hazing of copper, it, and solder. As such, RS-80 is easier to waste treat than many competitive products. RS-80 also incorporates a unique blend of inhibitor compounds to minimize corrosion of tin-lead and/or solder on hard boards and leave a bright, stable, oxide free copper surface suitable for AOI inspection.
- Formulated to reduce dry film entrapment between small features and/or in over plated conditions.
- Exhibits minimal chemical and/or galvanic corrosion attack on solder simplifying waste treatment of spent solutions and resist particulate.
- RS-80 is highly concentrated and is effective at concentrations as low as 3% in spray applications.
- Suitable for feed and bleed processing with an automated resist stripper controller.
- Designed for spray applications but effective in immersion tanks as well.