AUTO/Prep GE-4 is the fourth step in the AUTO/Prep Desmear-Etchback Process designed to remove resin smear and expose interconnects, and at the same time optimize the surface topography of the dielectric for eventual electroless copper deposition. AUTO/Prep GE-4 will remove silica residues adhering to the glass bundles after desmear-etchback AND etchback or frost protruding or exposed glass fibers providing a clean hole wall ideal for electroless copper deposition. AUTO/Prep GE-4 features process flexibility, minimal copper attack (non-ammoniated formulation), and long solution life.
- AUTO/Prep GE-4 is a non-ammoniated formulation thus reducing copper attack and complexing for ease of waste treatment.
- AUTO/Prep GE-4 will completely remove silica residue and frost or etchback protruding glass fibers leaving a clean hole wall for optimum electroless deposition and adhesion.
- AUTO/Prep GE-4 offers long solution life and minimal operator maintenance for ease of use.
- AUTO/Prep GE-4 exhibits very low surface tension, ensuring small hole wetting and penetration, thus enhancing product performance.
- AUTO/Prep GE-4 can be combined with AUTO/Prep NU-3 Neutralizer to reduce the number of process steps.