The Pallamet 500 Palladium-Nickel Electrolyte produces bright, ductile palladium-nickel deposits of approximately 80% Pd/20% Ni from a sulfate-based (chloride-free) system. The nearly neutral pH of the plating solution can be run at higher temperatures and lower palladium concentrations, improving the properties of the deposit and stable bath operation.
The palladium-nickel deposits produced from the Pallamet 500 Palladium-Nickel electrolyte demonstrate low internal stress and exhibit low porosity. Pallamet 500 Palladium-Nickel plating solution can be utilized for reel-to-reel applications with different cell designs (i.e. control depth, spot tool).
- Near neutral pH, sulfate bath eliminates costly equipment/anode requirements
- Stable alloy composition over wide range of current density and plating conditions
- Simple analytical procedures for all bath components
- Excellent ductility and low internal stress
- Excellent wear resistance
- Low, stable contact resistance when used with a thin gold flash topcoat