SurTec 650 chromitAL® is a chromium(VI)-free trivalent passivation for aluminium. The liquid concentrate delivers an excellent corrosion protection, comparable with the corrosion protection of a hexavalent passivation.
SurTec 650 chromitAL® is suitable for alloyed and casted aluminium and pretreatment before laquering, powder coating and gluing. It is easy to handle in immersion, spray and wipe application and produces an iridescent, faintly blue to tan and visible layer.
SurTec 650 chromitAL® meets or exceeds MIL-DTL-81706 and MIL 5541 for bare corrosion (336 h in NSS per ASTM B-117, respectively, DIN 50021 SS) and has a low contact resistance (< 0.8 mOhm/cm2). It is also heat resistant up to 100 °C (212 °F) with minimal loss in corrosion resistance.
- Hexavalent chromium-free passivation for aluminum
- Suitable as post-treatment of anodic coatings
- Suitable as conversion coating of magnesium
- Liquid concentrate, based on trivalent chromium
- Excellent bare corrosion protection comparable to hexavalent passivations
- Also works on alloyed and casted aluminum
- Easy to handle in immersion, spray and wipe application
- Produces an iridescent, faintly blue to tan and visible layer
- Suitable as pre-treatment before lacquering, powder coating and gluing and approved by GSB and QUALICOAT
Seacole Product Tags: